Video and Sound Production / Project 2


25.08.2021 - 17.10.2021 (Week 1 - Week 8)

Wong Wan Jun (0338248)

Bachelor of Computer Science (School of Computer Science and Engineering)(Minor)
Video and Sound Production // Project 2

INSTRUCTION

Week 1: Video Inspirations (25.08.2021)

In the first class, we were told to watch and choose 3 videos of Zach King (illusions and magic tricks) for our upcoming projects. Below are videos chosen:

1. Shadow Optical Illusions w/ Zach King







Week 3: Story & Plot segmentation (08.09.2021)

To create the story for Project 2, 30 second visual effects video, we should:
1. Select visual effects shots from Zach King videos
2. Search for the making of/tutorial video for the selected visual effects videos.
3. Build story around the visual effect shot (1 character, 1 continuous event).
4. Breakdown to bullet point plot segmentation.

Title: Never hang out without LIPSTICK


Zach King video YouTube’s links(shortlisted 3 visual effects):

1. 0:05 to 0:12, clothes changing


2. 0:27 to 0:40, grab something from screen


Visual Effects tutorial video:

1. Editing MAGIC with MONEY in Premiere Pro (Zach King)


2. 7 Zach King Clothing Magic Tricks | Easy Tutorial


Story (Max 30 words):

Wawa was wearing makeup but her lipstick was gone. She grabbed lipstick from the computer screen. Then she changed her clothes.


Plot Segmentation:

  • Wawa wearing makeup.
  • She found out her lipstick was gone.
  • She switched on laptop and opened the website.
  • Wawa found the lipstick she want.
  • She grabbed it from the screen.
  • She put on lipstick.
  • Wawa changed her clothes.

Storyboard:
 

Week 6: Draft Videos (29.09.2021)

I completed my video shooting and editing in week 6. I did the video edit without any sound, thinking to add background music and some sound effect after that. 

Feedback:
Mr Martin commented on my draft video. The first scene should shoot with low angle (until hand) and the second scene, I should be in right hand side as I am facing that direction. Third scene should have a close up shot on table as I want to show that I am finding something. Typing scene should be shorter. The first visual effect, after grabbed lipstick, the lipstick in screen should be removed. Second visual effect is fine and cut a few second for last shot. 

Final Visual Effects Video:
I have make some amendment based on feedback received and added sound effects. 


REFLECTION

The visual effects weren't too difficult to create. I am satisfied with my cloth changing effects. I am shooting on my own so I didn't have someone to assist me in shooting, I had more of a problem keeping the camera and props stationary in between changes. Colour correction is just fine for me as lighting in my room remain the same. I had a lot of fun filming and putting the visual effects together! When I watched it back when I was finished, it seemed like I was able to do some sort of magic.

Comments

Popular Posts